I was nominated by Ali from Alexandra Quinlann and was very excited! Get to know me post are a fun way to learn about other bloggers/vloggers.
If you are nominated and want to take part, here are the rules:
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has asked you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask them 11 other questions
- Let them know that you’ve nominated them
11 Facts About Me:
- My favorite food is Pizza and tacos.
- I listen to all genres of music.
- I was born in Florida, which I feel like is rare. Shoutout to all my Floridians!
- I have a bachelor’s degree in Event Management (Go Knights!)
- I’m obsessed with watching youtube videos.
- Harry Potter is my favorite movie or should I says movies.
- I love ice cream. I eat ice cream almost every day.
- If you’re not a gator, you’re gator bait! Go GATORS!! Yes, I love the UF Gators! 🐊
- I don’t know how to swim.
- My favorite animal is a monkey.
- My first concert was Justin Timberlake & Christina Aguilera.
Questions Ali asked me:
- What would your perfect day be like? A perfect day for me would be on vacation is Dubai doing all the fun tourist things, being at the Summer Olympics and attended any event but mostly swimming and gymnastics, at NYFW or any fashion week, or going to a concert with all the popular 90’s bands and artist. Hopefully, all this will happen one day. A more realistic perfect day for me would be a warm 80-90 degrees sunny day (most people say this is hot), hanging out with friends or family having fun or getting photos or post done for my blog.
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? I’m deciding between pizza and tacos obviously. But I have to go with pizza. Pizza is my one true love and I eat pizza a few times a week anyways.
- What song’s lyrics feel as if they represent your life best? “Just dance! Gonna be okay” This is from Lady Gaga’s Just Dance song. I love dancing, I always find myself dancing to music even in public. Plus dancing always makes you feel better, right?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself? My favorite thing about myself is I’m empathic. I have the ability to understand and share the feelings of other people.
- Do you prefer drugstore makeup or high end? Why? I prefer high-end makeup. Back in the day (late middle school maybe), when I first started wearing makeup my first powder press/foundation was from Fashion Fair, which you would have had to buy from Macy’s or Belk. If you don’t know Fashion Fair it was a brand that catered to women of color. This is what my granny used and she took me to the store to buy some. I’ve been really fortunate to be able to get free Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes from co-workers, I got the naked 1 & 2 palette on eBay for a great deal ( and yes they were brand new), and I save my money for what I want. Also, what I like about high-end brands, typically the store it’s sold in you can swatch/try the product before buying and with drugstore makeup you have to search for the products at different stores such as Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, and Ulta. However, I have been exploring with drugstore makeup. At the age of 25, I tried my first drugstore foundation, the L’oreal Pro Glow this year and I love it. But because of my skin tone, I do find it easier to find my shade with higher end brands.
- If you could go on a date with any celebrity, who would you pick and why? If I could go on a “date” with any celebrity, the first person that comes to mind is Gigi Hadid. I would love to be able to sit with her a chat with her about fashion, her life, her modeling career, and any tips and tricks on taking photos.
- What is one thing you hate about blogging? One thing I hate about blogging is writing. I’ve never enjoyed writing, it stresses me out. I do have to say I am getting better at it.
- Do you believe in horoscopes? Yes, I do believe in horoscopes. But only to a certain extent, I don’t live my life by them. It’s just interesting how most of the characteristics for Aries match me and my personality. And sometimes the monthly “predictions” can be right on.
- If you could eliminate one task from your life, what would it be? I would say wash my hair and the whole process. It’s convincing myself and to start washing it that’s hard.
- What is one product you couldn’t live without? I don’t know if I could live without my phone.
- What made you decide to start blogging? I’ve wanted to start a fashion blog for years. I love fashion, I love to shop and I want to share my style, tips, and fashion information with others whether it’s what the trends are or what stores are having great sales.
I nominate these awesome ladies & Gentleman:
- Amanda (Poppyseeder)
- Theo (The Curl Prince)
- Jen (BeautyLifeMom)
- Marie (Single Vegas Girl)
- Felicia (Ms. Shopaholic Diaries)
- Jackie (thatswhatsupblog)
- Mary Lane (New York Cliche)
- Amber (Life and Marketing)
- Mia (Confidently Curly)
- Janel (mymaynewardrobe)
- Jay (blissfulbeautybird)
11 questions for these great bloggers I nominated:
- What is your favorite app to use? For blogging or personal use.
- If you can only wear one makeup brand for the rest of your life, which brand would you choose? *Theo, you can only pick one brand of hair products*
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- If you can travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Who do you get inspiration from when blogging?
- Do you have a talent? If so, what is your talent?
- If you were in the circus, what kind of performer would you be? (Clown, tight-rope walker, etc)
- What is your favorite Disney movie?
- Cake or Pie?
- What inspired you to start blogging?
Thank you so much for nominating me, Ali! Some of the questions were difficult but I had a lot of fun doing this! If you don’t already follow Ali, check out her blog and her social media pages too! Her blog is awesome and she’s super cool!
Until next time guys!
Peace & Love – Joniamac
Your perfect day scenarios sound so cool! Are you planning to ever go to Dubai? I love how you have a perfect day scenario where just chill with friends and family. It’s easy to do and matches with you being empathic. For blogging, I’m with you. Sometimes, I find myself wanting to just create graphics or work on my blog’s social media accounts than write a post. But, I do like when the writing is done and see the final draft!
Yes, Dubai is on the top of the list for places I want to travel to. I just need to save up money. And I am glad I’m not the only one 🙂
I love this kind of posts! It is a good way to know about someone. We have two things in common love for Pizza and phone! 🙂
What a good idea! I’m pretty new into blogging, this has introduced me to a lot of blogs I haven’t read before.
That’s awesome! I’ve read a few of your post and they are really good!
You don’t know how to swim?! But you live in Florida haha. It’s ok, no swimming required to soak up that gorgeous sun or wade in the ocean! xo
I know, it’s crazy. I do, want to take swimming lessons.
Congrats on your bachelors! And yussss to Harry Potter!!! Xxx
I love pizza and icecream too! If I could eat both of them everyday without gaining weight or developing diabetes, I would totally eat both everyday! I enjoyed all the Harry Potter movies as well! I grew up watching them! Thanks for sharing more about yourself! It was interesting!
This is so much fun! I loved reading through this and getting to know you a little better 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca/
I really enjoyed reading all these facts about you Jonia!! Writing can be tedious so I know what you mean about not liking that part, even if I do like writing myself! You have amazing style and I loved what you wrote about your grandmother taking you to Macy’s for makeup. And seriously about the iphone- absolutely cannot live without it. Can’t wait to do your questions! Thanks for tagging me!