Hey, ya’ll! How are you? It’s so crazy that it is already JUNE! I can’t believe it, where has the time gone! I know everyone says that, but seriously, I’m failing at my yearly goals. How are you doing at your goals? Leave me a comment to let me know. We only have 6 months to get it together
Here are a few of my New Years ResSome of my goals I want to achieve are:
- Be healthier – I feel like I am doing so/so with this. I haven’t been eating pizza as much.
- Save money- FAILING! My name is Joniamac and I’m a shopaholic.
- Learn a foreign language – I really want to learn ASL. I use to know quite a bit when I was younger, and I want to learn how to sign.
- Blogging goals: each month I set goals of what I want to achieve, my main goal is to blog more.
These are just a few of my goals. The next 6 months I’m going to work hard for them and for the next year.
So how are we going to achieve our goals? Here are some tips I find helpful:
- Set Goals that MOTIVATES you! – You have got to want it. If your goals motivate you, it means it’s important to you.
- Make sure your goals are REALISTIC. If you make goals that are impossible (so to speak) then you will feel defeated.
- Make sure your goals are CLEAR. For example, say your goal is to learn a foreign language. It’s a good goal but it’s not clear because there are so many languages to learn and it doesn’t help you move in the direction you want to go in. Maybe you want to learn Japanese because you plan on doing an internship in Japan, or French because you plan on moving to Paris.
- Have an ACTION PLAN– How are you going to achieve your goals. Most goals take work. Take them step by step!
- SEE IT! Write down your goals, make it a checklist. Make sure you put it somewhere you can see it. I put my goals on my vision board, it helps me see and keep track of what I am trying to achieve (when I’m not being lazy) To help me keep up with my daily/weekly goals, I use an app called Clear. Clear is great because 1) My to-do list is on my phone. I don’t have to worry about writing it down on a sticky note and miss placing it. 2) You can create multiple organized, categorized list (whatever you want to name your list) 3) You can set a reminder for your task. 4) You can personalize the list with a theme. Click here for the link.
- TELL PEOPLE your goals. It can be your best friend(s), your family, someone that you have a connection with. If you tell someone your goal, you are more likely to accomplish your goals. I finally told my friends that I was going to start blogging, tell them held me accountable.
- Have a DEADLINE- Set a time on when you want to accomplish your goal(s).
The Sunglasses are Pretty Pilot by Vye Eyewear –
What are some of your goals right now? Do you have any tips on achieving goals? Do you use a to-do list app to help you?
Make sure to follow me on social media, so you will never miss a post
Peace & Love – Joniamac
Another outfit that looks amazing on you! My goals had a little upturn for a little but the healthy eating thing is hard!!I have been working out more lately though and trying to be more active overall. Love your spending goal- it is totally understandable. I’m finally learning to spend my money more than normal and enjoy it!! And believe me it is easy to spend and enjoy haha! Maybe I’ll rework my goals!! Thanks for sharing your update (and amazing pictures…) xX Jen beautylifemom.com
Thank you, Jen! I agree, eating healthy is hard. And it’s nice to be able to spend and enjoy different things. As Drake said Y.O.L.O. lol
I love that so many bloggers are using the strategy of sharing their goals to help keep themselves motivated! I do a monthly goal post sharing what I want to work on that specific month.
I am in love with the app Evernote because it allows me to have working notes and to do lists that sync onto both my computer and my phone.
Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca/
I will have to check that app out!
Great post!! I needed this as a reminder to get my butt in gear about my own goals! Especially my blogging goals! Thank you for this reminder/push and the tips are so helpful! And I need to start eating healthier too, but it’s so hard! 😬
And your pictures are everything, by the way!! That’s another goal for me: up my blog photography skills!
Thank you so much! I have a good camera to work with but I want to up my blog photography skills as well. Glad you found these tips helpful. Good luck achieving your goals!
Thank you! And good luck to you with your goals!! 💕
Great post! I think it’s super important to have measurable goals for all aspects of your life.
I’m obsessed with your denim jacket! This had some great pieces of advice! I need to get my crap together for my yearly goals, I feel like I’ve accomplished none of them.
Thank you! I’m in the same boat girl!