Youtube Beauty Guru Desi Perkins and Katy better know as LustreLux collaborated with Dose of Colors. This was Dose of Colors first collaboration. Desi & Katy are two of my favorite beauty gurus. They are so talented, down to earth, and hilarious. This was my first time ordering from Dose of Colors and I’ve always heard great things about their products.
I thought the process was very simple when ordering, they had a quick add to cart button for each item or the entire collection. There was a glitch with the Eyeshadow palette when customers were trying to click on the page and adding it to the cart, it kept saying sold out. I thought Dose of Colors was well stocked, they didn’t sell out within an hour. Of course, people had shipping problems such as wrong items or broken product and I saw so many people on social media who were so impatient with getting their order. I think that most of us are all spoiled with Amazon’s 2-day shipping and we need to be reminded that shipping takes a while, especially with high volume. We should understand that when thousands of people are ordering at the same time and that company has to mail thousands and thousands of orders, IT TAKES TIME, THINGS HAPPEN! Yes it sucks or it’s disappointing but with these types of collaborations or makeup launches, we have to be aware that there will be hiccups.
ANYWAY, back to the DesixKaty Collection. In the collection, there are 8 items: 1 eyeshadow palette, 2 highlighters, and 5 lip products.
The Girls eyeshadow palette is so beautiful. Desi and Katy wanted something different that could go with your favorite transitional palette. There are 4 beautiful shimmer/metallic eyeshadows for that extra pop. Each shade is named after both Desi and Katy’s dogs. The eyeshadows are very pigmented, creamy and versatile. It is recommended to apply these shadows with your finger for the best color payoff but I have seen videos of beauty gurus using a brush and the results are amazing! This palette is $28 USD.
- Suz- is a bright champagne shade. This formula is to be used WET. Just add a drop of water to your finger or brush when using this. Suz is a great color for an inner corner highlight.
- Noli- is a beautiful bronze color with gold reflects. I think this is my favorite shade just because I can wear this every day. I’ve literally been putting this on my lid, with nothing else and it looks so good.
- Turbosan- is a purple, brown base (maybe a hint of red too), with silver shimmer reflects. This eyeshadow is perfect fall, you can pair it with Saváge, which you will see later, or a dark vampy purple or burgundy lipstick.
- Harpoon- is a metallic cool green base with gold reflects. This formula is to be used WET. This shade screams FALL. When it comes to fall army green is everywhere. This will be great to match the camo sweater of yours.
These highlighters are beautiful! I’ve seen different reviews on beauty bloggers and YouTubers of different skin tones and some say it they love it and it works for their skin tones and others say that it’s too light for them especially Furgo which is the lighter highlighter. I have decided to pass on the highlighters because 1) I’m trying to watch how much money I spend (that I don’t have) and 2) I have 4 highlighters and decided I don’t have to have this lol. If I were to get one I would choose Mírame. The highlighters are $28 USD.
- Fuego- is a light champagne gold. This shade from what I can it’s more on the yellow gold side. This highlighter would be great for fair to medium skin tones. If you have a deeper skin tone you could use this to intense another highlighter (learned from Jackie Ania).
- Mírame- is a rose gold highlighter. I think this looks good on all skin tones. If you are of a darker than a medium skin tone this will look amazing on you!
There are 5 lipsticks: 2 liquid lipsticks, 2 nude classic lipsticks, and a lipgloss. I purchased both liquid lipsticks and plan on buying 2 more items in the restock. The liquid lipsticks are $18 each, the nudes are $16 each, and the lip gloss is $15. Let’s start with liquid lipsticks!
- Hot Fire- Is a fiery orange-red liquid lipstick with a velvet matte finish. This liquid lipstick applies smoothly. When the collection dropped this product was the first item I knew I had to have this. Hot Fire is way out of my confront zone! It is a bright orange color on me. I tend to go for darker lipstick shades. However, this color is beautiful. This color will be perfect for Spring/Summer.
- Saváge- is described as a rich black base burgundy (black cherry) shade with a velvet matte finish. Dose of Colors liquid lipsticks is a “velvety high-fashion matte finish which envelops lips in a rich color.” So basically the finish is a matte but it is shiny like a lipgloss. I absolutely LOVE this lipstick!! This shade screams me! This color will be perfect for Fall/Winter, or if you’re like me every day.
- No Shade- is a light peachy nude with a creamy/matte finish. No Shade is great for someone who has a fair complexion and maybe a warm skin tone.
- More Creamer Please- is a deeper nude with brown/peach undertone. More Creamer Please is great for someone who has medium to deep complexion depending on their preference.
- Over The Top- Is a clear gloss with gold reflects. This lipgloss can be worn on its own or Over The Top of lipstick! Did you see what I did there?
That is the whole collection! What do you think? If you could only purchase one item, I would highly recommend The Girls Palette. It’s unique, it works great with other eyeshadows, it’s easy to use and blends well. The palette is so versatile, you can do daytime everyday look or a dramatic night look. For the restock I want to buy Over The Top and I am thinking about getting More Creamer Please.
Also, check out my friend Linda’s post from Linda Talks Beauty if you want to know more about the highlighters and other Dose of Color Lipsticks.
The restock for the DesixKaty Collection will be this Sunday 9/24/17 at 6pm PST on doseofcolors.com. Did you get anything from the first launch? Are you wanting to buy something from the restock? Let me know in the comments. If you want to see makeup looks from this collection, check out my Instagram @joniamac_style.
Peace & Love – Joniamac
Subscribe to the email listing, so you will never miss a post. Also, for more fashion & beauty content follow me on my social media pages.