I was debating on if I should or should not purchase some of the items from this collection. I told myself that I wasn’t going to buy any more makeup (especially, eyeshadow palettes, highlighters, and lipsticks) until I use what I have. Also, I need to stop spending so much money. Anyways, I was obsessing over how beautiful this palette is and I couldn’t stop thinking about it. Plus, I love Ilovesarahii. She is so talented and her personality is the sweetest!
Okay, now to the Iluvsarahii x Dose Collection. You can also buy this collection at Ulta in stores and website. In the collection, there are 9 items: 1 eyeshadow palette, 2 highlighters, and 6 lip products.
Iluvsarahii vision for this palette is for everyone to be able to create everyday looks or glam looks. She wanted this palette to inspire us creatively. I totally think this is an everyday palette. You have your mattes, bronzy gold colors and bold colors as well. I agree, it’s a well-rounded palette. The eyeshadows are very pigmented, especially the darker shade. Finders Keepers, the black shade, does stain when you swatch it. I haven’t tried it on my eyes yet so I’m not sure if it stains or is hard to get off the eyes. I do have trouble with Loungy. I find that the color payoff isn’t the best and I have to use it more than the other shadows, but it is buildable. The palette is $35 USD. A little pricey, but worth the splurge.
In direct Sunlight
Outside in the shade
- Poquito Mas– is described as a pearly base with iridescent pastel peach/pink hues. This is great for that inner corner highlight.
- Sunglow- is a warm bronze, copper gold color with a metallic foil finish. You can use this shadow dry or wet. From previous experience with Dose of Colors eyeshadows, it was recommended the best way to apply was using your finger. Not sure if that applies here.
- Wanderlust– is a matte orange, brown and red shade (burnt orange lol). I think this is my second favorite shade in this palette.
- Loungy– is a matte peach with pink. This is in tie with Wanderlust but as I said before, the color payoff isn’t a little eh but it’s buildable.
- Palma– is a teal base with aqua/turquoise/blue reflects. You can use this shade dry or wet. This color is gorgeous and I think it’s the “seller” of this palette!
- Finders Keepers– is a jet black with multicolor sparkles (gold, silver, blue is what I see) with a matte finish. Not gonna lie, I’m scared to use this! It’s very intense!
Both of the highlighters are pretty, but it dosen’t scream buy me! I’ve watched quite a bit of reviews from WOC on YouTube and the reviews were mixed. Some loved the highlighters and some thought it didn’t work with their deep skintone. If you are iffy on the highlighters, I would suggest swatching them at Ulta. The highlighters are $28 USD.
- Bathe- is a peachy pink/rose highlighter. (Some reviews say its on silver side)
- Sol Mate- is a champange gold highlighter. Gives the skin a wet look.
There are 6 lip products: 4 liquid matte lipsticks and 2 ultra glossy lipglosses. I purchaused 3 lip products. If you have not tried Dose’s liquid lipsticks they are a velvet matte liquid lipstick. It applies creamy and takes a few minutes to dry down. They are long wearing. The lipsticks are $18 and the lipglosses are $17 USD.
These are still wet, not dried down yet.
- Brillo– is a sheer champange gloss with gold glitter. Out of everything in the collection, I had to get this! It reminded of the Over the Top gloss from the DesixKaty collection. I missed out on that and it was not going to happen again!
- Aesthetic– is a burnt terracotta.
- Fresa– is a coral red. This is not the typical color I go for, I usually go for darker lipstick shades. The guy at Ulta talked me into getting this. He picked up Aesthetics and said, “How many lipsticks do you have close to this shade? Yeah, you’re getting this!” So I had to get it lol. I will say I’ve used it twiced and I think I’m okay with it.
- Nude Chica– is a dusty pink nude. To me, it has a hint of brown in it.
- Peachii– is a warm peach nude. I’m thinking that I may get this.
- Barely There– is a blush pink nude. Dose’s lipglosses are ultra glossy, high shine and very pigment.
What do you think about the collection? Is there anything that caught your eye? Everything is currently in stock on the Dose of Colors website and Ulta.com
Peace & Love – Joniamac
Subscribe to the email listing, so you will never miss a post. Also, for more fashion & beauty content follow me on my social media pages.
those colors are so beautiful!
Right, they all complement each other so well! Thanks for stopping by!!
Hmm I have to admit I’ve never heard of this line. I usually don’t wear too much bold colors but once in a while I go for it. I like the gold hue and the red or nude lipstick. Although pink seems to work best on my lips. Thanks for sharing this line.
The products I’ve tried from Dose are amazing! You should try their lip products. Their liquid lipsticks are not drying at all.
I love these eyeshadow colors!!! They are so pretty and I can definitely see how the colors can be used for both day and night. I also love the lip colors! Now, those I would absolutely wear. I’ve heard so many good things about their lippies so I wouldn’t mind giving them a try.
You should totally try their lip products! I love their liquid lipsticks, they don’t dry out my lips and they stay on great.