Hey friends!! I saw this debate on twitter about whether legging is appropriate to wear to work. Is it weird to wear leggings to work? Can something that cozy be professional? This debate started because of this article
The answer is yes! Now this depends on where you work, what you do and what the “work culture” is. For example, I’m an event specialist at a museum and when it comes to setting up I tend to wear leggings or for a casual day at the front desk. It’s easier to run around, lift or move table in leggings than a suit.
Some tips when it comes to wearing leggings:
- Make sure the leggings are proper. That there are no holes, that they don’t look worn and make sure they are not see-through.
- Stick to dark colors such a black, burgundy, brown, or olive. Wearing bright colors or pattern leggings to work may seem unprofessional. Now if you are a preschool teacher or there is a special event going on then you may pull those off.
Some tips on what to wear with you leggings:
- An oversized sweater. Now I know what you are thinking, this is my go to fall outfit. Right?! Well, to dress it up for work add a belt (and jewelry).
- Loose tops. Wearing tight leggings with a tight top can be a bit much for work. Having a top that is flowy, not drowning in it, makes it more business casual.
- With your loose top, you can add a Blazer or a Cardigan to the look. The length on the jacket doesn’t matter, that is up to you. It could be a blazer dress or a blazer that hits your hips.
- A tunic dress or a short dress. That dress you have for work and you can’t wear it, because somehow it’s too short now. Wear it with leggings!
- Adding accessories to your outfit really helps make it business casual. A belt always helps, jewelry, and the shoes really make a difference of a comfortable outfit vs a professional outfit.
- Shoes. Go for a pair of heels, booties, knee-high boots or mules for work. Try to stay away from sandals or sneakers. Again depending on what you do, sandals or sneakers may be ok.
For more style inspiration, check out the video below!
Do you wear leggings to work? How do you style them? If you don’t, would you wear leggings to work?
Subscribe to the email listing, so you will never miss a post. Also, for more fashion & beauty content follow me on my social media pages.
Peace & Love – Joniamac
Fabulous and comfy! Love a good leggings look!
Yass! Thank you Lae!
The topic itself is sensible considering how senseless people could be